Wednesday, April 8, 2020

14-Day Reset Day 3

Good evening.  This has become my accountability partner.  I let you know how I'm doing in meeting my goals on healthier eating. 

So, today's menu was modified as well.  I'm enjoying the new menu items.  Some of these require advance preparation (and I didn't always do that).  Check the recipe link. 


Breakfast - Make Ahead Microwave Omelets.  This was delicious.  And I didn't make it ahead (but did freeze two of the servings for next week).  The recipe called for 93% lean but I used 99% and I used egg substitute.  No change or eliminations made on the other ingredients.  I recommend using at least 1 1/2 cup microwave-safe container.  It was difficult to stir in a 1 cup bowl - it spilled over onto the plate.  I also recommend spraying your skillet (especially if you use 99% lean meat).

Morning break - deviated from the menu and had a repeat snack - Cinnamon Nut Energy Bars.  The container I'm using must not be very airtight - the bars are getting moist and falling apart.

Lunch - Big Sexy Salad.  It's not like it sounds but it is my favorite.  Almost what I have on workdays anyway.  I used a 50/50 salad mix (it has spinach, kale and a few other lettuce greens) and added broccoli, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, and red pepper.  My protein was tuna fish (a low sodium).  My dressing was Citrus Herb VinaigretteThis is quite filling.

Afternoon snack - I had the morning snack - Turkey Avocado Bites.  Funny thing is - I had just the turkey!  This girl does not like avocados or grape tomatoes.  I did sprinkle some seasoning on the turkey.

Dinner - Balsamic Glazed SalmonThis was supposed to have been yesterday's dinner.  We love salmon (and not that farm-raised, color added stuff!).  I used a broiler pan and broiled it in the oven.  I added fresh green beans covered with Bacon Bacon and Onion Onion Seasoning.  I used our Avocado Oil instead of olive oil.









No comments:

Post a Comment