Monday, April 6, 2020

SS20 14-Day Reset - Day 1


We were going on a cruise later this month and I was going to do the 14-Day Reset before going to see if I could drop a few pounds (goal is 5 lbs over the two weeks).  

Well, COVID-19 put a kabash on those plans.   Cruise got cancelled.  Now working from home.   Oh dear, not good.  Stress eating time.  

So, decided to go ahead and do the 14-Day reset now.  Here's how Day 1 went . . . 


Breakfast - Overnight Chia Breakfast Pudding

This was delicious!  I wasn't sure if I would like it or that it would keep me satisfied for several hours.  Well, it did . . . 3 hours and it was creamy and smooth.

I didn't add salt and I didn't have the walnuts toasted.  Oh, I didn't bother chopping the berries either (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries).  I used real vanilla (actually came from Mexico).



Morning Snack - Cinnamon Almond Butter Apples

A yummy, sweet snack.  The apple I used was called Cripps Pink.  It was crispy and sweet.  I used Adams Unsalted Crunchy Peanut butter instead of the almond butter as it was what I had on hand.  Worked great.  I did dip the apples in lemon juice to prevent browning.

Didn't quite make it lunch time so had about an ounce of unsalted whole almonds. (not on the menu).


Lunch Mediterranean Tuna Salad

I did a lot of substitutions.  It was still a delicious salad.  I left out the red onion and tomatoes, although I did sprinkle some Onion Onion Seasoning to get the onion flavor.  I used regular black olives instead of the Kalamata olives; Avocado Oil instead of olive oil; and red leaf lettuce instead of the avocados.

Oh, I had some more almonds to round out the meal.

Afternoon Snack - Cucumber Hummus Bites

Well . . . I really didn't do the complete recipe.  I just had cucumber slices without the toppings and seasonings.  I'm not fond of cauliflower or roasted red pepper and couldn't quite decide how to do substitutions.


Dinner - Roasted Chicken & Veggies

One of our favorite meals.  I'm always fixing something like this.  I did do several substitutions. (Love that flexibility!)  I used regular carrots rather than baby carrots; mushrooms instead of Brussels sprouts; broccoli instead of cauliflower; Avocado Oil instead of olive oil; and breasts instead of thighs (we don't care for dark meat).  I used about a cup more on the carrots to make up for the sprouts and not having onion.  

Throughout the day I was drinking flavored water.


No comments:

Post a Comment