Monday, April 6, 2020

SS20 14-Day Reset - Day 1


We were going on a cruise later this month and I was going to do the 14-Day Reset before going to see if I could drop a few pounds (goal is 5 lbs over the two weeks).  

Well, COVID-19 put a kabash on those plans.   Cruise got cancelled.  Now working from home.   Oh dear, not good.  Stress eating time.  

So, decided to go ahead and do the 14-Day reset now.  Here's how Day 1 went . . . 


Breakfast - Overnight Chia Breakfast Pudding

This was delicious!  I wasn't sure if I would like it or that it would keep me satisfied for several hours.  Well, it did . . . 3 hours and it was creamy and smooth.

I didn't add salt and I didn't have the walnuts toasted.  Oh, I didn't bother chopping the berries either (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries).  I used real vanilla (actually came from Mexico).



Morning Snack - Cinnamon Almond Butter Apples

A yummy, sweet snack.  The apple I used was called Cripps Pink.  It was crispy and sweet.  I used Adams Unsalted Crunchy Peanut butter instead of the almond butter as it was what I had on hand.  Worked great.  I did dip the apples in lemon juice to prevent browning.

Didn't quite make it lunch time so had about an ounce of unsalted whole almonds. (not on the menu).


Lunch - Mediterranean Tuna Salad

I did a lot of substitutions.  It was still a delicious salad.  I left out the red onion and tomatoes, although I did sprinkle some Onion Onion Seasoning to get the onion flavor.  I used regular black olives instead of the Kalamata olives; Avocado Oil instead of olive oil; and red leaf lettuce instead of the avocados.

Oh, I had some more almonds to round out the meal.

Afternoon Snack - Cucumber Hummus Bites

Well . . . I really didn't do the complete recipe.  I just had cucumber slices without the toppings and seasonings.  I'm not fond of cauliflower or roasted red pepper and couldn't quite decide how to do substitutions.


Dinner - Roasted Chicken & Veggies

One of our favorite meals.  I'm always fixing something like this.  I did do several substitutions. (Love that flexibility!)  I used regular carrots rather than baby carrots; mushrooms instead of Brussels sprouts; broccoli instead of cauliflower; Avocado Oil instead of olive oil; and breasts instead of thighs (we don't care for dark meat).  I used about a cup more on the carrots to make up for the sprouts and not having onion.  

Throughout the day I was drinking flavored water.


No comments:

Post a Comment