Sunday, February 8, 2015

Imitation Bacon Bacon

Tastefully Simple has lots of products in their standard line as well as the seasonal.  Bacon Bacon is another one of those staple products that is in my cupboard and is my featured product of the month.

I use it in place of imitation bacon bits or real bacon bits.  What does that mean?  Less items in my spice cupboard or stored in the refrigerator!

INGREDIENTS: Imitation bacon bits (textured vegetable protein [soy flour, caramel color, red 3], salt, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor, hydrolyzed corn, soy and wheat protein), minced onion, salt, natural flavor.

Nutrition Facts:  Serv Size: 1 Tbsp (7g), Servings: about 17, Amount Per Serving: Calories 25, Fat Cal 5, Total Fat 0.5g (1% DV), Sodium 220mg (9% DV), Total Carb 4g (1% DV), Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 2g. Not a significant source of sat fat, trans fat, cholest, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron. Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

One capful is approximately 2 Tablespoons.  I use it every weekday in my morning omelette.  I also use it on my baked potatoes as a topping and on top of homemade corn bread.

Recipes for using this product can be found at Tastefully Simple's web page (through my website).  Here are some ideas from prior freezer meal workshops:

  • Bacon Bacon dip (on container)
  • Bayou Bourbon & Bacon Meatloaf
  • Simple Tator Tot Hotdish
  • Bacon Onion Ranch Potato Salad
  • Slow-Cooked Onion Bacon Sloppy Joes
  • Bayou Mushroom Swiss Burgers
You can purchase this product for $8.99 plus shipping and applicable sales tax (in Washington State, it is non-taxable) at my website.  All major credit cards are accepted.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment