Saturday, January 8, 2022

Reset Day 3 & 4

 Thursday was a busy day away from home.  However, the scales indicated another pound lost when I stepped on them yesterday morning.  Good choices were made!



I used Day 2 menu as a guide for the day.  Breakfast was the Broccoli Hash.  Slight problem in that the egg stuck to the pan and some of the "hash" got a little done.  Other than that, it was a very filling breakfast along with a cup of mixed berries.

Then it was off to bowling . . . Had a large glass of ice water with lemon to drink while bowling.  Afterwards, I went to my parent's house and reheated some leftover Balsamic Chicken & Veggie Skillet for my lunch.  Oh, I also had to dry out . . . had to wade through flood waters to get from my car into their house.  Not fun!



Then it was off to our Grange meeting that had a Pizza dinner with potluck of salads and desserts.  I made a variation of the Chopped Chicken BLT Salad.  I did not touch the pizza or the desserts (that was a big deal for me as I love Pizza!).

    Ingredients

2 1/2 C chopped prepared Makin' Magic Chicken

 1 Tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena

1 Tsp Citrus Herb Seasoning

18 oz Baby Spring Salad mix 

5 slices turkey bacon, chopped & cooked

4 mini-sweet peppers

2 celery stalks

1/2 cup Citrus Herb Vinaigrette 


    Directions

  1. In large bowl, combine chicken, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and Citrus Herb Seasoning.  Toss to coat.  (I actually mixed it in the zip lock bag that was holding the chicken).
  2. Divide lettuce, bacon, veggies, chicken, and dressing among 4 dinner salad bowls and 1 storage container.
My evening snack was a granny smith apple with peanut butter and about an ounce of almonds.

Yesterday, I followed Day 5 menu.  So breakfast was the same as Day 1.  Lunch was leftover Chopped Chicken BLT Salad.  Dinner was the Turkey Veggie MeatloafI did some modifications so listed below are what I used to make it.

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup chopped fresh button mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 Tbsp Onion Onion Seasoning
1 Tbsp Spinach & Herb Seasoning
2 tsp Garlic Garlic Seasoning
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup egg substitute

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing by hand until just combined.  Transfer to a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  3. Bake 50-55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read food thermometer.
Makes 4 servings.
Served it with steamed green beans.

My evening snack was the Prosciutto Wrapped MelonInstead of the prosciutto, I used deli sliced ham.

I'll post today's final menu tomorrow along with my results.

Healthy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment