Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Reset Day 2 plus some Prep

 Yes, some prep for tomorrow's breakfast.  I was finally able to find the broccoli slaw at a local produce market.  

Results from yesterday - had a hard time getting to sleep last night as I had a slight headache and my stomach was making noises like it was hungry.  However, this morning was much better.  Stepped on the scales and I'm down 2 pounds!  Love it.  The headache was probably the result of sugar withdrawals.

Breakfast this morning was the same as yesterday.  Like I indicated, I had to do some switching of menus.  We ate lunch out today.  So, I had a small chef salad with vinegar & oil dressing.  About the only thing on the salad I probably shouldn't have is the cheese.

My afternoon snack was Turkey Avocado BitesI used some of our leftover smoked turkey breast.  Since I don't care for avocados or grape tomatoes, I used a sweet mini-pepper.

This afternoon, I prepped tomorrow's breakfast, Breakfast Broccoli HashI did not make any substitutions.  I did use the Spinach & Herb Seasoning rather than our favorite Rustic Herb Seasoning.  In the morning, I'll do steps 3 & 4.  Will let you know what that will look like.

  

Tonight's dinner is one of my favorites - Citrus Herb Roasted Salmon.  No substitutions.  However, if you don't like fish, you can substitute chicken.  The menu indicates to serve it with Sauteed Green Beans.  However, we are having steamed broccoli.

    

My evening snack will be an apple with peanut butter (menu says to use unsweetened almond butter - the peanut butter we use is pure peanuts, no added sugar or any other ingredient - doesn't even have salt).

Hope this encourages you towards a reset to healthy eating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment