Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer Quinoa Salad - Simple Side Dish

I'm not really fond of Quinoa or pasta salads.  HOWEVER, this was delicious!  I took it as a side dish for last month's family reunion.  Several people ate it.  I've had it as a side dish for many of my dinners.  I don't care for tomatoes in my salads nor do I like feta cheese or avocado so I didn't use them.  It tastes best chilled.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Onion Onion Seasoning
2 Tbsp water
2 c cooked & cooled quinoa
1 c grape tomatoes, halved
1 c fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed
1/2 c chopped cucumbers
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese, optional
1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Juice of 1 lime (1-2 Tbsp)

Instructions:

1.  In large microwave-safe bowl, combine Onion Onion Seasoning and water.  Microwave 30 seconds; cool 5 minutes.

2.  Add remaining ingredients to bowl; toss to coat.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 6 Servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment