Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sriracha Chicken Curry - Savory Meal Collection #9

Oh my, we are nearing the end of this collection and I have received the next collection already.  The month has gone by fast.  These have all been great meals.  I hope you have been enjoying them as much as I have.

Well, on to tonight's dinner.  If you like spicy, this dish is for you.  If not, just use less sauce.  I'll be honest, I'm not sure what product you can use as a substitute to reduce the heat.

Changes I did to the recipe included using chicken breasts instead of thighs, mushrooms & sugar snap peas (or snow peas) instead of the peppers, fresh broccoli instead of frozen, and almond milk instead of coconut.  I did the minimum cooking time but would recommend going the full time if you use chicken breasts like I did.

Ingredients: 

28 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
1 red bell pepper, cubed
1 green bell pepper, cubed
13.5 oz can coconut milk
3/4 c Ginger Orange Sriracha Sauce 
16 oz frozen cut broccoli
cooked rice or rice noodles

Instructions:  Combine chicken, peppers, coconut milk and Ginger Orange Sriracha Sauce in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.  Cook on low 3-4 hours.  Stir in broccoli and continue cooking 30 minutes.  Serve in bowls over cooked rice or rice noodles.  Makes 4-6 servings.

Make Ahead & Freeze:  Combine all ingredients except broccoli and rice in a gallon resealable freezer bag.  Freeze.  Thaw and cook according to directions above.


No comments:

Post a Comment