Saturday, July 25, 2015

Honey Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry - #7

Do you like stir fry?  this is a fairly quick meal to make and is one of the meals from the TS Eatwell Choices Pack/Wholesome & Hearty.  I did several modifications to the original recipe and this came out great.  Look at the colors - all fresh vegetables courtesy of Pigman's Produce, a local organic farm. 

 Here's the original recipe:


Ingredients: 
1/2 c Honey Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 c natural peanut butter
8 oz whole wheat linguine noodles, cooked
2 lb bag frozen stir fry vegetables
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c chopped, fresh cilantro
1/2 c cashews
2 limes, cut into wedges

Assembly Instructions:  Combine Honey Teriyaki Sauce and peanut butter in a quart resealable freezer bag; squish to mix.  Place noodles, vegetables, salt and pepper in a gallon freezer bag.  Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag.  Seal well, label and freeze.

Cooking Instructions:  Thaw completely.  Combine all ingredients in large skillet until heated through.  Top with cilantro and cashews.  Serve with a few lime slices.  Makes 6 servings.



Now - the changes I did:

Fresh vegetables equaling 2 pounds - snow peas, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower (purple & white), broccoli, onion, zucchini, and kohlrabi.  You can add green peppers & celery (my hubby doesn't care for those).

I eliminated the salt & pepper.  I used unsalted crunchy peanut butter.  I cooked it fresh so that I can freeze the leftovers.

I used instant brown rice instead of the linguine noodles and I added shrimp (deveined & tailless).

this was a big hit and we will definitely be eating it more often.

You can order your meal kit at my website, www.tastefullysimple.com/web/mbelles1 or subscribe to TS to You to get a shipment every other month with recipes & grocery list.


No comments:

Post a Comment