Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Citrus Herb Chicken with Strawberry Salsa

Oh my!  This was delicious!  I plan on using the leftover chicken and salsa on my salad for lunch today.  This recipe came from our Dairy & Grain Free meal kit a couple of years ago.  Perfect Weight Watcher's recipe - it is only 2 Personal Points (due to the avocado oil).

The original recipe can be found on our Tastefully Simple website.  I did some modifications - actually I eliminated a couple of items that we don't care for.

  • sliced green onions
  • jalapeno pepper
This recipe calls for advance preparation - marinating the chicken at least 2 hours before cooking.



I also made up the salsa right before cooking the chicken so it had a chance to mingle the flavors.



We didn't grill the chicken but "fried" it on the stovetop.





I served it with steamed broccoli seasoned with our Seasoned Pepper.  This recipe makes six servings.  We will be using the leftovers for our lunches.  You could easily freeze the marinated chicken (before grilling).  Not sure what you would do with the extra salsa as that wouldn't freeze well.

You could use pork instead of chicken.

Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment