Friday, April 29, 2022

Bayou Pork Fried Rice

 Another delicious dinner prepared in about 30 minutes.  Of course, I did some modifications.  That's the neat thing about our Tastefully Simple recipes, they can be modified to meet your own tastebuds!

The original recipe is on our website.  My modifications include:

  • using our Avocado Oil instead of the vegetable oil
  • using liquid eggs instead of whole eggs
  • using Madagascar Pink rice instead of white or brown rice (note:  this takes longer to cook)
  • eliminating the green onions
I also didn't use salt and pepper as the directions indicated.  I didn't use as much of the Bayou Bourbon Glaze or broth (actually used half the amount called for as I had ran out of the Bayou Bourbon Glaze).

Scrambled the eggs while waiting for the rice to cook.
browned the pork that was cut into strips.  I screwed up and bought chops that had bones instead of the boneless.  So didn't have as much meat as the recipe called for.


added the rice and frozen veggies.
added the sauce then the scrambled eggs.






This makes 6 servings.  Because I didn't fix another vegetable to go with it, we ended up having a second helping.  I froze the remainder to have at a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment