Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Asian Beef & Veggie Skillet

 

I made the above recipe from our 14-Day Reset Program Guide.  We've had this a couple of times before.  I decided to try it again and this time it was much better.

Original recipe is on our website.  I did the following modifications:

  • 99% lean ground turkey
  • eliminated the sweet peppers
  • used 1/2 tablespoon of the Si Si Cilantro Seasoning
Next time, I will probably only use one teaspoon of the seasoning as my husband could still taste the spiciness.   I sliced whole mushrooms instead of buying a package already sliced.  I also grated my own carrots.


The recipe said to use a large skillet.  But as you can see, mine was more like a medium size.  Here, I'm browning the ground turkey.
I then added the veggies and seasoning.  As I was stirring, I ended up cutting the mushrooms into smaller pieces. 
 
I then added the riced cauliflower.  Mixed it in real good and allowed it to heat up.  While that was happening, I did the thickening sauce.

Using a one-cup measuring cup, I used a low-sodium beef broth and added the coconut aminos to it.  Then using a small whisk, mixed in the cornstarch.


I then poured the liquid into the skillet and stirred frequently until the sauce had thickened.


This makes five servings.  We actually had seconds.  I was able to dish up a couple of small containers to freeze for later eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment