Friday, January 9, 2015

Onion Onion Seasoning Blend

Tastefully Simple has lots of products.  Onion Onion is one of those staple products and it is in my cupboard.

I use it as a seasoning instead of onion powder, minced onion or chopped onion in a lot of my recipes.  What does that mean?  Less items in my spice cupboard!

As the title indicates, this is a seasoning blend.  Ingredients include Onion, garlic, sea salt, shallots, red bell pepper, parsley, chives, leeks, and citric acid.  It is Certified Kosher-parve by Kof-K.

Nutrition Facts:  Serv Size: 1⁄4 tsp (.5g), Servings: about 226, Amount Per Serving: Calories 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Sodium 40mg (2% DV), Total Carb 0g (0% DV), Protein 0g. Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

One cap full is approximately 2 Tablespoons and 1 Tablespoon equals 6 Tablespoons fresh onion.
I use it every weekday in my morning omelette.  I have also used it in my spaghetti sauce, lasagna, meatloaf, taco meat, and as a seasoning on meats to be grilled.  A very versatile product to have.

Recipes for using this product can be found on this blog page as well as at Tastefully Simple's web page (through my website).  Here are some ideas:

You can purchase this product for $8.99 plus shipping and applicable sales tax (in Washington State, it is non-taxable) at my website.  All major credit cards are accepted.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment