Monday, January 19, 2015

Rustic Herb Pulled Pork

If you love pulled pork, this is a quick & delicious recipe that came from our Practically Paleo Freezer Meal workshop for this month.

Both my son and husband made it into sub sandwiches.  I just had it as a meat dish with baked potato.  My son, who is a picky eater, said it was really good.  Husband - not so satisfied (his had some fat that slipped through).  I enjoyed the flavor of the meat.

Next time I make it, I will probably use chicken.  The pork roast I used was a shoulder butt and it was full of fat and did not shred easily (even though it was cooked all the way through).  You can also use a beef roast.

Ingredients:

2 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp Rustic Herb Seasoning
2 tsp Garlic Garlic
1 Tbsp Onion Onion
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp water
3-3 1/2 lb pork roast of your choice
salt & pepper to taste, optional.


Assembly Instructions:

For a freezer meal for later preparation, label a gallon freezer bag and place the pork roast in it.  Add to it the first 6 ingredients.  Seal and squish  the bag mixing the seasonings into the meat.  open & squeeze out excess air then reseal.  Freeze.  approx prep time 20 minutes.

Cooking Instructions:

Thaw completely; place in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours until meat is fork tender.   Remove & shred meat with two forks.  Place back in slow cooker until ready to serve.  By the way I used a slow cooker liner that made clean-up a breeze!

Optional - bake covered in a 325 degree oven for 3-4 hours until meat is fork tender.

Makes about 6-8 servings.

Notes:  I used a previous season product of Tastefully Simple called Smoked Paprika & Garlic Dip Mix.  I also used the Himalayan Sea Salt and Green Tea Peppercorn Seasoning Blend.





No comments:

Post a Comment