Saturday, December 5, 2015

Superb Beef Stroganoff - Cozy Meal Collection #4


This was our dinner last week prepared in the crock pot.  What a great way to have dinner ready when you get home from work.

I love stroganoff but always seem to have a hard time to get it creamy enough.  I just realized what my problem is . . . you can't use fat free sour cream.  Otherwise, it tasted delicious.

Ingredients:

2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
14.5 oz can beef broth
2 Tbsp Onion Onion Seasoning
2 tsp Garlic Garlic Seasoning
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 oz pkg fresh sliced mushrooms
1 c sour cream
2 Tbsp cornstarch
16 oz pkg egg noodles, cooked

Serve tonight instructions:  Place first 6 ingredients in a greased slow cooker.  Cover; cook on low 7-8 hours.  Combine sour cream and cornstarch, mix well.  Stir into slow cooker until well blended; cook an additional 15-20 minutes until sauce thickens.  Serve over egg noodles.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Freeze for later instructions:    Combine first 6 ingredients in a gallon resealable freezer bag.  Seal well, label and freeze.  Thaw completely.  Prepare as directed above.

Makes 6 servings.  Serve with steamed vegetables.

I actually didn't use stew meat but used beef strips and cubed it myself.  There was less fat.  We bought whole mushrooms and sliced them ourselves (I think I like the packaging better - saves time!).

We froze our leftovers for those nights that I'm not home or forgot to get something started.

No comments:

Post a Comment