Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Baked Chicken Chimichanga - #15 TS Eatwell Products Pack

I love my Tastefully Simple Meal Collections - I can fix something different every night and have leftovers for those nights that I don't have time to cook.

This was fixed in about 30 minutes or so.  One thing I learned, corn tortillas are not the best to use - they break up.  However, it was very delicious.  I fixed it fresh rather than froze.  Leftovers will be frozen for eating later.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 jar Corn, Black Bean Salsa
1/2 - 1 Tbsp Chipotle Seasoning
8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
sliced green onions (optional)

Assembly Instructions:  Combine chicken, cheese, corn black bean salsa, and Chipotle Seasoning.  Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture in the center of each tortilla.  Fold in sides and roll up from the bottom.  Wrap each tortilla in waxed paper and place in gallon resealable freezer bag.  Seal well, label and freeze.


Cooking Instructions:  Thaw completely.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Remove from wax paper and place seam side down on greased baking sheet and spray top of tortillas with non-stick cooking spray; bake uncovered 25 minutes.  Garnish with plain Greek yogurt and sliced green onions, if desired.  

Makes 6-8 servings.

If you like this recipe and the idea of freezer meals for those nights that you don't have time, contact me.  You can also check out collections on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment